This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
If you want to contact us to discuss how we use or manage your data please email us on email@example.com or write to us at:
Solotec Scientific Limited
Unit 6, Cowhill Trading Estate
Ashton under Lyne, OL6 9AN
Registered in England: 09543743
VAT Number: GB212 2544 54
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
What Personal Data we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- Business Address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Business name
- Job Title
- Payment information
- IP Address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
- Your activity on www.waysafe.co.uk
What we do with the information we gather?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about information we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and that we judge to be distributed as we have a legitimate interest
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
You will always have the option to opt-out if we correspond with you.
Who is collecting it?
The data is being collected by Solotec Scientific Limited and employees of it and stored only on secure and licenced company software or platforms.
How is it collected?
Data is collected from a range of sources and uploaded onto our licenced company software or platforms.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- We may sometimes contract with the third parties to supply certain services. These include marketing, in some cases those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Solotec Scientific Limited, Unit 6 Cowhill Trading Estate, Tramway Road, Ashton under Lyne, OL6 9AN
How long will you keep my Personal Data
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
- We take your rights very seriously and will adhere to the following:
- Your right to be informed of use of data
- Your right of access to your data
- Your right of rectification of data
- Your right to erasure of data and be forgotten
- Your right to restrict our processing of your data
- Your right for your data to be portable
- Your right to object at the use of your data
- Your rights relating to automated decision making and profiling